Posts for: April, 2020
At certain times in their lives, your dogs and cats will need vaccinations to keep them healthy. Core vaccinations are necessary when your pet is still young, and booster shots will be required throughout your pet’s life following the initial immunizations.
The veterinarians at Total Care Veterinary Hospital are located in High Point, NC, and they are dedicated to helping High Point residents care for their pets.
Core Dog Vaccines
Essential vaccines for your dog include:
- Rabies: Your puppy will have his first rabies shot at around three months of age. This is a single dose shot, and he will need a booster shot each year following the initial administration.
- Distemper: This is a two-dose shot. Your puppy will have the first shot at around four months of age, with a second shot within four weeks. He will need a follow-up shot one year later with a booster shot every three years.
- Parvovirus: Your puppy will require three doses of this vaccine. The first is usually given at around four months of age. The second will be given 3-4 weeks later.
- Adenovirus 1 (canine hepatitis): Your puppy will have his first dose between 2-4 months of age. The second and third doses will be administered 3-4 apart. He will need a follow-up shot after one year, with a booster every three years.
- Adenovirus 2 (kennel cough): Your puppy will have his first shot between 2-4 months of age. The second and third doses will be administered 3-4 weeks apart. He will need a follow-up shot after one year, then a booster every three years.
Core Cat Vaccinations
Essential vaccines for your cat include:
- Rabies: Your kitten can have her first dose from 8 weeks of age onwards. She will require two further doses twelve months apart, then an annual booster.
- Feline distemper: Your kitten can have her first dose from 6 weeks of age onwards. She will require two further doses 3-4 weeks apart, then one more dose a year later.
- Feline herpes virus: Your kitten can have her first dose from 6 weeks of age onwards. Two further doses will be given 3-4 weeks apart. She will receive a follow-up shot after a year, then a booster every three years.
- Calicivirus: Your kitten can have her first dose from 6 weeks of age onwards. She will then need two further doses, 2-4 weeks apart. A follow-up shot will be given after one year, then she will need a booster every three years.
If you need to update your pet’s vaccinations or you’d like more information about pet health, call our High Point practice today at (336) 841-8877.
Are you planning a family vacation? Are you having surgery, or wondering how to care for your pet if you are relegated to a restricted level of physical activity? Here at Skeet Club Veterinary Hospital and Total Care Veterinary Hospital in High Point, NC, your pet will receive the tender-hearted care that they need. Our four veterinary doctors and highly-trained support staff make your dog or cat their highest priority. Read on to learn more about our pet boarding services.
We specialize in peace of mind
Go ahead, go on your vacation. We have your much-loved pet covered with the finest pet boarding care in the High Point area. You can rest assured that, regardless of the length of your pet's stay, they will be fully supervised, fed, given exercise, and provided with just-right socialization.
To soothe pet emotions and limits separation anxiety, we provide routine walks for dogs, playtime, and socialization with other animals as tolerated. At Skeet Club and Total Care Veterinary Hospitals, you can leave your pet and feel confident in their care.
Additional care for your pet
Your veterinary staff provides medical supervision and acute/emergency care as needed 24/7. Our pet shelters are very clean, well-ventilated, and comfortable for pets of all ages. In other words, our animal environment is totally pet-friendly and the best substitute for your home.
Plus, we feed our canine and feline guests Science Diet food, or you may bring us your pet's regular food. We administer routine medications and take care of any sudden illnesses or injuries in the unlikely event they occur.
Relax and contact us
We feature convenient and fully-supervised care for your furry family members. Don't worry. We treat them as our own pets. Call one of our two High Point, NC, locations for more information about pet boarding or to book your reservation. For the Total Care Veterinary Hospital on Greensboro Road, phone (336) 841-8877. For Skeet Club Veterinary Hospital on Skeet Club Road, call (336) 886-2315.